- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (1 large or 2 small zucchinis)
- 3-5 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9x13" baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Electric mixer: mix together the oil, sugar, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir.
- Fold in the zucchini.
- Let the mixture sit - the batter can absorb the moisture from the zucchini.
- If mixture is powdery, add up to 5 tablespoons water (start with 1 tablespoon and work up from there)
- The batter will be thick/shouldn't be powdery.
- You may need to use your hands to work the water.
- The dough should be like cookie dough. Do not add too much water!
- Spread in prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes.
- To make the frosting: Whisk butter, cocoa, salt, and powdered sugar. Whisk in milk and vanilla. Spread over cooled brownies.
- Cut into squares and chill to semi-set.
- The frosting hardens slightly on the top but stays wet and gooey underneath.