Vegan No-Bake Passionfruit Cheesecake
- 1 cup almonds
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 cups raw cashews (soaked for at least 3 hrs)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup passionfruit pulp
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ¾ cup water
- ½ tsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp agar agar
- ¼ cup passionfruit pulp
- For the base: place the almonds and dates in a food processor with the ‘S’ blade attachment and blend until you can pinch the mixture and it sticks together.
- Press the mixture down into a 21cm or springform cake tin lined with unbleached baking paper. If it’s sticking to your fingers, use the back of a silicone spatula.
- For the filling: add all ingredients in the food processor with the ‘S’ blade attachment and blend for around 4-5 minutes until you reach a creamy smooth consistency.
- Pour the filling on top of the base and place it in the freezer for around 1.5-2 hours or until the filling has firmed up.
- Make the jelly while the cake is setting.
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and agar agar to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce and simmer for around 4 minutes, stirring. Ensure that the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add in the passionfruit and stir. Let it cool for about 5-7 minutes, then pour over the set cake.
- Put the cake in the fridge to set. This should take no more than 20-30 minutes.
- Serve cold.