Vegan French Toast
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp Nourishing Nutrients Mushroom Powder extract
- 6-8 slices thick sliced quality bread, such as ciabatta or french
- 2-3 tablespoons vegan butter or coconut oil for frying
- For serving: cinnamon sprinkled on top
In a shallow, wide bowl, whisk together the oat milk, cornstarch, ground flaxseeds, baking powder, cinnamon, maple syrup and vanilla.
Add vegan butter/coconut oil to a pan over medium-high heat and melt.
Dip each side of the bread in the batter and let soak for about 10 seconds.
Then add the bread to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
For serving: cinnamon sprinkled on top