Vegan Cinnamon Donuts
- 1 flax egg (1 tbls ground flaxseed+ 3 tbls water)
- ½ cup plant-based milk
- 2 tbls applesauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbls vegan butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tbls cinnamon
- Combine ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken the consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the flax egg (Mixture from #1), plant-based milk, applesauce, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Mix until they evenly combine.
- Liberally coat a donut pan with coconut oil or nonstick cooking spray. Add the batter to each donut slot, filling it only ⅔ of the way so the batter can rise while baking.
- Bake donuts for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes in the pan.
- Then, transfer to a wire cooling rack
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, melt the vegan butter in the microwave.
- Brush a donut with melted vegan butter, then gently toss inside the cinnamon sugar.
- Evenly coat the entire donut, and repeat until all donuts are coated. Enjoy!