Thai Tea Recipe
- 4cups water
- 4organic black tea bags
- 3/4spoon honey
- 2anise stars
- 1green cardamom pod, smashed
- 2whole cloves
- 1cup half and half (coconut milk)
- Bring water to boil and add the tea bags, honey, anise starts, cardamom pod and cloves. Stir until all the honey disolves. Gently boil tea for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Allow tea to steep for at least 30 minutes and allow it to cool. The more concentrated the tea flavor, the better the Thai tea tastes. We prefer to allow the tea bags to seep for about 2 hours for maximum flavor. During this time, the thai tea can cool.
- Remove the tea bags and spoon out the anise starts, cardamom pod and cloves. If tea is still warm, we will refrigerate it so it can be chilled.
- You can make this ahead of time and have the organic Thai tea chilling in the fridge.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour in organic Thai tea leaving enough room to fill in your half and half (or other creamer). For an 8 oz. glass we like to add about 2-3 tablespoons of half and half for a creamier flavor.