Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1/2 cup uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 pound sea scallops, halved
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Cook the fettuccine according to directions.
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp and scallops in 1 tablespoon oil for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque.
- In the same skillet, saute shallot in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in broth or wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in cream; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain fettuccine; stir into cream sauce.
- Add shrimp, scallops and cheese; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tomato and parsley.