Avocado, Grapefruit, and Pomegranate Salad
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed ruby grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 4 ounces mixed greens, such as baby arugula, baby spinach etc.
- 1 head endive, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 head radicchio, cut into small pieces
- 1 small head Bibb lettuce, cut into small pieces
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 ounces haricot vert, steamed, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large ruby grapefruit
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Combine greens, endive, radicchio, and lettuce in a large bowl
- Add avocado and haricot vert.
- Remove peel and pith from grapefruit using a sharp paring knife. Working over a medium bowl to catch the juice, carefully cut between membranes to remove segments, and chop.
- Squeeze remaining membrane to extract juice; keep for later.
- Vinaigrette: whisk together reserved grapefruit juice, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl
- Add chopped grapefruit.
- While whisking constantly, add olive oil in a slow and steady stream until combined.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss gently to coat.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
- Serve immediately.