Paleo Raw Carrot Cake
- 1 cup carrots cut finely
- 1 cup dates pitted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
For the Icing
- 1/8 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp walnuts for topping
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked in water 20 minutes
- Base: dates in a food processor until paste forms.
- Add the walnuts, carrots, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, coconut flour, coconut oil and coconut flakes together in the food processor. Combine until mixed together.
- Line a pan with parchment paper.
- Place the base mixture in the loaf pan then move to freezer .
- Food processor: add soaked cashew, coconut milk, maple syrup, almond extract and coconut oil. Blend until icing forms.
- Remove pan from the freezer and spread the icing over the base covering all the corners and edges.
- Sprinkle the top with walnut pieces
- Place the pan back in the freezer, 4 hours minimum (overnight is best).
- Keep carrot cake bites in a container in the freezer.
- Soak cashews 3-4 hours, for best results soak overnight.
- For a sweeter icing, add 1-2 tbsp more of the maple syrup.