Skip to content
1 1/4 lbs. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 medium roma tomatoes, diced (1 cup)
3/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 medium jalapeno pepper
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
1 medium avocado, diced
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, fill up a medium bowl with ice water, set aside.
- Add shrimp to boiling water and let cook just until pink and opaque, about 1 minute.
- Drain shrimp in a colander then transfer to ice water to cool for a few minutes.
- Drain well then chop shrimp into small pieces (about 1/2-inch).
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, lime juice, lemon juice, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to refrigerator and let rest 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Toss in cucumber and avocado and serve (if desired you can strain off some of the juices). It's delicious with tortilla chips or over tostada shells.