Skip to content
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons whole rolled oats
- ½ cup almond flour
⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- ½ teaspoon Apple Pie Spice or cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup firm coconut oil
- 4 apples, cored and halved
- Melted coconut oil, for drizzling
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine toppings in a small bowl: combine the oats, almond flour, brown sugar, walnuts, apple pie spice, and salt.
- Work in the firm coconut oil until the mixture crumbles.
- If mixture is dry, add a few drizzles of water until the mixture starts to stick together.
- Scoop out a bit of the center of each apple half.
- Place in an un-greased baking dish large enough to hold the apples.
- Drizzle with melted coconut oil and rub it all over the apples.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and top each half with generous spoonfuls of the topping.
- Drizzle a little more coconut oil on top and bake for 20 minutes, or until the apples have softened and the topping is crisp.
- Let cool slightly and serve with vanilla ice cream.