Protein Oat Energy ball
Oat Ball Base:
- 1 1/4 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- Other option: quick oats or a blend of half quick, half old fashioned
- 2 tablespoons “power mix-ins” Chia seeds, Flaxseeds, Hemp seeds or additional rolled oats
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mix-ins see below for flavor options
My Favorite options:
CLASSIC CHOCOLATE CHIP: any nut butter honey, 1/2 cup chocolate chips
ALMOND JOY: Replace 1/2 cup of the oatmeal with 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes almond butter, any sweetener, 1/4 cup chocolate chips, 1/4 cup chopped almonds
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE: Any nut butter any sweetener, 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, ADD 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Large mixing bowl mix ingredients: oats, power mix-ins, nut butter, sweetener, vanilla extract, salt, mix-ins, and any other spices you'd like to add.
- Stir to combine. Mixture seems too wet, add more oats. Too dry, add more nut butter.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and roll the dough into balls.