Skip to content
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 (28-ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 3 cups raw spinach leaves
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala (could substitute curry powder)
⅛ - ¼ tsp dried chili flakes (1/8 for mild, ¼ for a little spice)
- ¾ tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan over a medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Then add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the cumin seeds, turmeric, ground cumin, coriander, and garam masala, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the cauliflower, tomatoes, chickpeas, water, chili flakes, and salt.
- Break up the tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Add the coconut milk and spinach.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve over brown rice