Skip to content
- 1 cup - 150g Pistachio Nuts shelled
- ½ cup - 40g Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup or any sweetener
- 1 tbsp Agar agar powder
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- ½ Lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1½ cups - 350ml Water
- 2 pinches of Salt
- Soak the pistachio nuts in water with a pinch of salt for an hour or overnight.
- Place half the water and everything -apart from the agar-agar into a blender.
- Blend nut mixture until smooth
- Remaining place a half of the water in a pan including the agar agar powder.
- Simmer for 5 mins stirring constantly.
- Make sure no lumps of agar agar form at the bottom.
- Take off the heat and stir in the pistachio mixture until combined.
- Pour nut cheese mixture into a mold lined with greaseproof paper/or clingfilm to give a greater look
- Then chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or ideally overnight.
- Eat within 3 days and keep chilled.