Skip to content
- 2 cups wheat flour
- ¼ cup flax powder
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup water
- Pour water in a measuring cup and heat it until it's luke warm.
- Stir yeast and sugar. Cover and let it sit for about 5 minutes or until the yeast activates. If the yeast doesn’t activate, dump the entire mixture and start over again.
- Once yeast is activated, add oats, flax and flour in a mixing bowl along with salt and oil.
- Give it a mix and make a well in the center.
- Pour the activated yeast into the well. Using a rubber spatula, give it a mix to form a rough dough.
- Now, if you are using a stand mixer, attach the dough hook and knead at speed 3 for 12 minutes.
- If you kneading by hand, scrape the dough in a lightly floured countertop or a wooden board and knead until it’s smooth and elastic. It should take about 12 minutes.
- Once the dough is ready, make a rough round ball
- Place it either in the same mixing bowl or a separate one that's lightly brushed with oil.
- Cover it with clear wrap and keep it in a warm place. Give it a couple of hours to rise and double in size.
- Once the bread dough rises and doubles in size, scrape it carefully on to a board.
- Fold it from the sides and form a rectangular shape.
- Place it on the bread-baking pan and sprinkle some oats on top.
- Cover it with clear wrap and keep it in a warm place for a second rise.
- Finally, pre-heat the oven to 375F and bake the bread for about 40 to 45 minutes.