Skip to content
½ cup cold sliced vegan butter
½ cup + 2 Tbsp organic sugar
1 Tbsp ground flax
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup+ 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
- First add the butter and ½ cup of the sugar to a bowl and cream together until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Then, add in the ground flax, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla and mix together.
- Next, add in sifted flour, baking powder, and salt to the mixing bowl.
- Mix until a smooth and thick cookie batter forms.
- Next, add the bowl of dough to the fridge, cover, and let chill for 30 minutes- 1 hour.
- Cover a baking sheet in parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350F.
- Next, remove the dough from the fridge and use a 1.5 Tbsp cookie scoop to form your cookie dough
- Roll into balls between your palms and then roll in the 2 Tbsp of sugar that was set aside so that each dough ball is coated.
- Place the lemon sugar cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove the cookie tray.
- Then, let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the cookies have cooled, serve and enjoy!