Skip to content
4 large red tomatoes
1 small yellow onion, cut 1″ chunks
1 small cucumber, peeled and seeded
1 medium red bell pepper, cored and seeded
¼ cup fresh basil leaves
1 large garlic clove, peeled
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- Place veggies in your blender bowl.
- Cut the tomatoes into 1″ chunks.
- Add all of the tomato chunks to the blender
- Add all of the onion chunks to the blender.
- Add all of the cucumber chunks to the blender.
- Add all of the pepper chunks to the blender.
- To the blender, add the basil, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt and about 10 twists of black pepper.
- Securely fasten the lid and blend, starting on low and increasing to high speed, until the mixture is completely smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Chill the soup for at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Before serving, taste, and add additional salt and black pepper.
- To serve, divide the soup into small bowls or cups.
- Top with reserved cucumber, bell pepper, or a few torn basil leaves and lightly sprinkle of pepper.