Holiday Smoothie Bowl
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 2 medium ripe bananas (previously sliced and frozen)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1 small handful kale
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups unsweetened almond milk/oat milk/coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbsp salted creamy almond or peanut butter (optional)
- Chia seeds
- Raw or roasted nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
Add all smoothie ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more almond milk (or water) to thin.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more ripe banana (or maple syrup) for added sweetness, more spinach for a bright green hue, or almond milk for creaminess.
For more protein, add nut butter
Divide between 2 serving bowls and top with desired toppings!
Best when fresh, though leftovers can be kept in jars in the fridge for up to 1-2 days.