Avocado Black Bean Burger
1 medium avocado
3 tablespoon lime juice
1-15 ounce black beans, rinsed & drained
1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1/4 cup minced jalapeño
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup oats
- In a medium size bowl, mash the avocado and lime juice, half of the black beans, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add the chia seeds, jalapeño, green onions, oats, and remaining beans. Use a fork to mash and mix well until all ingredients are combined completely.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in patties. Cook for about 5-7 minutes per side, until crispy on the outside.
- Pile with your chosen vegetables such as tomato, onion, lettuce.
- Serve with salsa (optional), and enjoy!