Vegetarian Wonton Taco Cups
YOUR KIDS ARE GOING TO LOVE THEM!
Yields: 20 Taco Cups
Prep: 20 min
Cooking: 10 min
- 40 wonton wrappers (2 for each crispy wonton cup)
- 1 can vegetarian refried beans
- 6 sweet mini peppers
- 2 jalapeños
- 2-3 stalks green onion
- 1/3-1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream or greek yogurt, to taste
- fresh cilantro, to taste
TASTY TOPPINGS TO TRY - choose your favorites!
- corn salsa
- black beans
- chopped avocado
- taco seasoned chickpeas
- minced red onion
- pickled red onion
- hot sauce
- salsa verde
- avocado salsa verde
- sliced olives
- Pre-heat oven to 365 degrees F.
- Gently place won-ton squares in a standard nonstick muffin tray spritzed with spray oil. For extra crunch you can also lightly spray the won-ton wrappers themselves with a little oil.
- Place tray on the center rack and bake for 8-10 minutes until crisp with golden edges.
- While the wontons bake, chop and prep your veggies. Remove the seeds/stem from the peppers and finely chop. Slice your green onion and grate your cheese. Warm up your refried beans (microwave or stovetop) and grab remaining toppings. I like to set out my toppings in little bowls or on a tray for easy assembly. You can even serve toppings in a muffin tin with spoons and allow friends and family to assemble and customize their own cups!
- Once the wonton cups are ready, add a spoonful or two of warm refried beans into each cup and top with fresh or jarred salsa. Next pile on the toppings and serve. They're great warm and also fabulous once cooled to room temperature so set them out and ENJOY!
AUTHOR JENN LAUGHLIN - PEAS AND CRAYONS