Vegan White Bean Soup
- 4cups white beans, cooked or 8 oz dried (use Navy, Lima, Cannellini, Great Northern)
- 2cups vegetable broth, or water
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 2cloves garlic, chopped
- 1medium potato, diced
- 1medium carrot, diced
- 1teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2teaspoon ground paprika
- 2tablespoons coconut milk
- 1teaspoon dried parsley flakes, or 2 teaspoon fresh leaves chopped
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme, or 1 sprig of fresh
- Pinch ground allspice
- 1 1/2teaspoon salt, or to taste
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1bay leaf
- 1tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- If you are using dried beans, prepare 8 oz of dried beans by sorting and washing.
- Soak in water to cover for 8 hours or overnight. The following day, drain and rinse beans and cook in water until tender.
- Place beans, water, onion, garlic, potato, carrot, marjoram, paprika, coconut milk, parsley, thyme, allspice, salt, cayenne pepper, bay leaf in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce to simmer for 30 minutes or until desired thickness is reached. Add yeast flakes, check the seasoning and serve immediately.