Vegan Red Thai Coconut Curry
- 1White Onion finely diced
- 1thumb sized Piece of Ginger minced
- 3tbsp Red Curry Paste (ensure yours is vegan, or make your own)
- 2 x 400mlcans Coconut Milk
- 2tsp Chilli Paste (sambal oelek)
- 4tbsp gluten-free Soy Sauce
- 1tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1head Broccoli cut into florets
- 6-7Small Potatoes quartered
- 1large handful Green Beans
- 1cup Frozen Peas
- 1block (250g) Tofu cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1large handful Spinach
- 1/2Red Onion
- 1Red Chilli
- Fresh Coriander
- Sesame Seeds
First, wash and quarter the potatoes and boil for 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
While the potatoes are boiling, start making the sauce. Add a little oil to the bottom of a large stockpot. Cook the finely diced onion and the minced ginger over a medium/high heat for 3-4 minutes until the onion is translucent. Add the curry paste and cook for another minute.
Next, add the coconut milk and give everything a good stir. Add the gluten-free soy sauce, chili paste and bring to a simmer.
In another frying pan, heat a little oil and fry the tofu until it's golden on all sides.
Add the cooked potatoes, and the other vegetables (except the spinach) into the curry sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. In the end, stir in the rice wine vinegar and the spinach, until the spinach wilts.
Serve the curry with rice, and top with the tofu, some sliced red chili, sliced red onion, some fresh coriander and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.