Vegan pesto, hummus, avocado sandwich
prep time: 15 mins
total time: 15 mins
For the pesto
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts (30 g)
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves (30 g)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 5-6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the sandwich
- 1-2 tbsp pesto
- 1-2 tbsp hummus
- Lettuce or any leafy green
- Tomato slices
- Make the vegan pesto first. Add the garlic, walnuts, nutritional yeast, fresh basil, sea salt, ground black pepper and extra virgin olive oil in a food processor or a blender and blend until well combined.
- not going to use all the pesto, so you can make less if you want.
- Spread the bread with pesto and hummus (one on each).
- Place some lettuce, avocado and tomato slices. Feel free to add some sea salt and black pepper if you want.
- And our sandwich is ready! You can add any veggie or ingredient you like, sandwiches are always delicious!
Author: Simple Vegan Blog