Vegan Minestrone Soup
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 potato, cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes (I like San Marzano tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup pasta (I use chickpea pasta)
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 big handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pot on medium-high heat, then add the onion, salt, garlic, celery and carrots. Let cook for 5-6 minutes until the vegetables are tender. (*Reduce heat to medium if they start to brown too much.)
- Add the potato and herbs and mix everything together, then add the vegetable broth and crushed tomatoes.
- Bring the soup to a boil then reduce the heat to low. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the pasta and the beans and continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
- Serve with fresh parsley