Vegan & Gluten-Free Green Falafel
- 3 large green collard leaves
- 17 oz canned chickpeas
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons besan/chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Wash the green collard leaves and remove the stems, roll it up and blitz it in the food processor until fine.
- Drain the chickpeas (save the water for someAquafaba magic, if you like) and add them to the food processor and blitz until broken up.
- Transfer the mixture into a large bowl, add in the salt, garlic powder, lime juice and give it a good mix.
- Add in the chickpea flour into the mix until you can form little patties (I've added 2 tablespoons).
- Heat a large pan with the canola oil (the bottom should be coated) and add in the Falafel once the oil is hot. Let it pan-fry (on medium to high heat) for about 7 minutes on each side. They should be crispy on the outside and soft but not mushy on the inside.