Vegan Ginger Cookies
- 1cup vegan butter softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2cups agave
- 1/2cup molasses
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4cups gluten-free flour
- 1tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon ground ginger
- 1tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon nutmeg
- 1cup sugar, for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the softened vegan butter and agave together until creamy. Add the molasses and vanilla, and beat in until smooth. Scrape the sides as needed with a spatula.
- Add 2 cups of gluten-free flour to the bowl, then sprinkle the baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg on top of the gluten-free flour. Mix on low speed to combine. Now add the remaining 1 1/4 cups Gluten-free flour and mix until incorporated. The dough will be quite thick, but not dry.
- Fill a small bowl with the cup of sugar for rolling.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of dough for large cookies (1 tablespoon for small cookies), roll into a ball, then roll each bowl in the sugar until completely coated.
- Place on the prepared baking sheets, and bake for 11-12 minutes, until they begin to crack on top. They will look very soft, but they firm up a lot as they cool. If you over bake, they will be crispy.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes, then enjoy!