- 1cup raw cashews, soaked in water 4-8 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1cup water, divided
- 1cup coconut milk (from a can)
- 1small overripe banana
- 1/2cup maple syrup
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2teaspoon ground nutmeg, plus more for serving
- Place the cashews and 1/2 cup of water into a blender and blend to a smooth paste, stopping to scrape down the sides of the pitcher as needed.
- Add the remaining water and blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk, banana, maple syrup, vanilla, nutmeg, salt, and whiskey, if using. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into glasses and stir in whiskey or rum, if using.
- Optionally, top with whipped coconut cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.