Vegan Coffee Cashew Milk Ice Cream
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight in water
- 3/4 cup very strong coffee
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or 2 tbsp stevia
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 drops almond essence optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
Rinse cashews and put into a high-speed blender along with coffee and cashew milk.
Add vanilla extract and maple syrup or stevia as well as almond essence and salt and blend until mixture is smooth and very creamy.
Pour vegan coffee ice cream mixture into ice cream maker and churn until it reaches at least soft-serve consistency. That took my ice cream maker for about 40 minutes.
Pour vegan coffee ice cream into a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm.
Before scooping allow your vegan ice cream to warm up on the counter for about 7 to 10 minutes. You'll get nicer scoops that way.