Vegan Cauliflower Hot Wings
- 275 ml soya milk
- 7 tbsp sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar or apple vinegar
- 2 tbsp egg-replacer powder (or cornstarch)
- 200 g Almond Flour.
- 2 tbsp paprika powder
- 1,5 tbsp herbal seasoning salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp thymes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 small- to medium-sized cauliflower
- enough highly heatable vegetable oil for deep-frying
1. Cut the cauliflower into (not too small) florets and bake them in the oven at 180 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. The cauliflower should then still be crisp-tender. Meanwhile mix the ingredients for the marinade in one bowl. Mix the ingredients for the coating in another bowl.
- Heat the oil in a deep pot or a deep fryer to about 175 degrees. Now dip the cooled down cauliflower florets first in the marinade, then dredge in the coating mixture. Subsequently dip again in the marinade and dredge in the flour mix. When doing so, keep one hand dry while doing the „dirty work“ with the other one. If necessary, place the cauliflower wings on some tinfoil or any other non-sticking surface until deep-frying.
- Put the double coated cauliflower florets in the hot oil and deep-fry for about 3-4 minutes until golden brown and crunchy. Place on a paper towel to soak up excess oil before serving.