Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Pizza
PREP TIME |
COOK TIME |
TOTAL TIME |
- *for the pizza*
- 1 lb gluten free pizza dough
- ½ cup cauliflower florets, fresh or frozen and thawed
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1-2 tbsp hot sauce, to taste
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- drizzle of olive oil
- *vegan cheese recipe*
- ½ cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- ¼ cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1½ tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- *to serve*
- vegan ranch
- fresh cilantro
- First, make the vegan cheese. Let your cashews soak overnight to soften, or boil for 20-30 minutes on the stove. I have found that the easiest way is cover them with water and microwave for 4-6 minutes until easily pierced with a fork.
- Place the drained cashews in a blender, and add in the cashew milk, tapioca starch, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer mixture to a small pot set on medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, until mixture becomes thick, gooey, and cheesy. This will take about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool as you prepare the rest.
- Preheat oven to 550F. If you have a pizza stone, preheat with the stone in the oven. Otherwise, prepare a cookie sheet by lightly greasing with olive oil. In a small bowl, toss the cauliflower pieces with some hot sauce until evenly coated.
- Gently spread your pizza dough on your cookie sheet or on your pizza peel into a rounded shape.
- Spread the tomato sauce all over, drizzle on the hot sauce, and arrange the cauliflower florets on top. Spoon on a generous amount of your prepared vegan cheese, and finish everything off with the drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of garlic salt.
- Cook at 550F for about 10-12 minutes, until crust is golden brown and crisp, and cheese is bubbling.
- To serve, drizzle with vegan ranch and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro. Enjoy!