Vegan Black Bean Soup
- 3 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 can organic black beans- rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz can fire roasted tomatoes crushed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat a medium sauce pan over medium heat as you chop the red onion.
- Spray the sauce pan with non-stick spray (or add 1 tsp. avocado oil) and add the onion. Allow the onion to cook 2 minutes.
- As the onion is cooking, rinse and drain the black beans.
- After 2 minutes, add the rest of the ingredients and put a lid on the sauce pan. Turn the heat up to medium high.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and use the immersion blender to blend up 1/4 of the soup in the pan (about 4 quick pulses of the blender). Or transfer 1/4 of the soup to a blender and blend on high. Add the blended soup back to the pot. Stir well
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings.