Vegan Beet Pesto Pasta
- 1 pound regular or gluten-free spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup raw slivered almonds
- 2 large cooked and peeled purple beets, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Minced fresh chives, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Place the garlic and almonds in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and pulse until the almonds are a fine meal and the garlic is minced.
- Add the beets, olive oil, and vinegar and pulse until you have a smooth pesto-like sauce. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- When the pasta is ready, toss with the pesto and season to taste with kosher salt. Serve hot. (If you want to serve the pasta at room temperature or chilled, rinse the pasta with cold water before tossing with the pesto.)
Author- Heather Christo (thekitchn.com)