- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 large diced onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon cooking oil
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey chopped
- 2 Teaspoon cumin
- 3 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (Gluten-free)
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven. Saute green pepper, onion, and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook until just done.
- Add in cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and salt and cook about 1 minute, stirring continuously
- Pour in tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Stir in the coconut sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add in the pinto and kidney beans.
- Add the baking soda and stir until the bubbles disappear
- Simmer 10 minutes more
- Serve warm. Garnish with sour cream, green onion, and shredded cheese