The Ultimate Baked Vegan Cheesecake
For Oreo Crust:
- 15 Oreo Cookies (with cream)
- 3 tablespoons Melted Vegan Butter Q
For Regular Crust:
- 5 oz Digestive Biscuits or Vegan Graham Cookies (150 grams)
- 3 tablespoons Melted Vegan Butter
For Cheesecake Mixture:
- 1 tub Vegan Cream Cheese (8oz/225 grams)
- 6oz Silken Tofu, drained (190 grams)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Aquafaba
- 3/4 teaspoon Arrowroot Powder
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Vegan Cream
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Lactic Acid Powder
- Seeds of 1 Vanilla Pod
- 3/4 cup crushed Oreo Cookies (optional)
For Chocolate Ganache:
- 4 oz Vegan Dark Chocolate (120 grams)
- 1/4 cup Vegan Cream
- 1/8 teaspoon Instant Espresso Powder
- 1 teaspoon Agave Nectar or Maple Syrup
- Oreo Cookie Crumbs
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius/375 Fahrenheit. In a food processor, process Oreos or Digestive Biscuits until they reach a fine crumb. Add melted Vegan Butter and process until you achieve a slightly damp, sand-like consistency. Press the mixture into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 6-inch cake ring or springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes, and then remove from oven and allow to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 160 degrees celsius/320 Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients for the cheesecake filling except crushed Oreos, and process till smooth. If using Oreos, fold them in once the mixture is smooth and combined.
- Pour batter into your cake ring and bake for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, there should only be the slightest jiggle in the middle of the cake. Turn oven off and allow the cake to cool to room temperature in the oven.
- If using Chocolate Ganache, combine all ingredients in a bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until chocolate is smooth, melted, and combined with the cream to form a silky ganache.
- Pour Ganache onto the top of the cake (still in the cake ring/springform) and refrigerate the cake overnight.
- Once chilled overnight, remove cake ring/springform and decorate the top of your cake with either Crushed Oreo Cookies, Fruit, Vegan Whipped Cream or whatever you fancy.