The Best Turkey Gravy
- 1/4 cup fat skimmed from drippings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups drippings
- 1 tbsp Vegan butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Transfer the fat to a large saucepan over medium heat. Let the fat melt and then sprinkle on the flour. Using a wooden spoon, stir continuously until the fat and flour have formed a homogeneous mixture. Continue stirring until the flour browns slightly, this takes 4-5 minutes.
- If your drippings have cooled down, heat them up in the microwave for thirty seconds or more until they are nice and hot. (If you have less drippings than the recipe calls for, supplement with turkey broth or chicken broth.)
- Whisk in the hot drippings slowly into the roux. Keep whisking until the liquids are fully incorporated.
- Bring the gravy to a simmer and continue simmering until it reaches your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper and for the final step...stir in one tablespoon of Vegan butter.
- Serve hot.