- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
- 3/4 cup gluten free oats
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flaxseed meal and warm water and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes to firm up.
- In another small bowl, mix together ketchup, mustard, and coconut sugar, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add meat, oats, milk, flaxseed mixture, onion, salt and pepper. Stir the mixture just enough to combine all of the ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Transfer the meat mixture into a large loaf pan and press the mixture down gently into the pan.
- Top with the ketchup, mustard, and coconut sugar mixture and spread evenly over the meatloaf.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.