- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (one 15 oz can)
- 1 Small bell pepper chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce or to taste
- 1 batch vegan cheese sauce or store-bought vegan cheese 7 oz (200 g)
- Fresh herbs for garnishing
- Sea salt, Ground pepper, chili powder to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4-6 tablespoon plant-based milk
- 1 heaped tablespoon tomato paste
1. Cut the lengthwise zucchini in half & scoop out almost 2/3 of the flesh leaving a 1/2 inch thick border around the skin.
2. Now chop the scooped out zucchini with the help of knife & set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, Now add onion and saute for 4 minutes.
4. Add the bell pepper, garlic, all spices, zucchini flesh, rice vinegar, soy sauce, hot sauce, plant-based milk & tomato paste. Now, Cover the skillet and it for about 10 minutes and stirring occasionally.
5. Now, Prepare the vegan cheese sauce.
6. Preheat the oven up to 410F or 210C and now line a sheet of baking with parchment paper.
7. Add chickpeas to the skillet and cook it for a few minutes more. Now, Taste and adjust seasoning.
Add more salt/spices/pepper to taste.
8. Now, Stuff each zucchini half with chickpea mixture.
9. Add vegan cheese on the top and bake it for 20 to 25 minutes. Now, Garnish it with herbs.
Serve the delicious Vegan Stuffed Zucchini with vegan cheese sauce and enjoy it.