Spicy Pork Belly Stir Fry
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup red chili paste (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (omit for Whole30 or keto)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1/2-inch knob of ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds pork belly, sliced 1-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups snap peas
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Cauliflower rice or white rice, for serving
- Add the onion, chile paste, honey, rice vinegar, coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, and water to a blender and blend until almost smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the red pepper flakes and pork belly, stirring to completely coat the meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- 30 minutes before cooking, remove the pork from the fridge to let it come to room temperature. Meanwhile, prep the veggies as needed.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Add marinated pork belly pieces, working in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes, using tongs to flip the pork belly halfway through. Wipe the pan clean before repeating with the next batch.
- Wipe the skillet clean and add an additional tablespoon of olive oil. Add the snap peas and bell pepper strips to the skillet, cooking for about 3 minutes while stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Serve the pork belly and vegetables over cauliflower rice or steamed white rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced scallion, as desired.