Slow Roasted Balsamic Glazed Salmon
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste or 1 grated garlic clove
- 1 pound fresh salmon single filet
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and garlic. Heat the mixture over medium heat until boiling. Next, lower the heat to a simmer until reduced to a glaze, about 10-15 minutes.
- While the glaze is reducing, preheat the oven to 225 F and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Pat the salmon down and ensure that there are no bones in the filet. Place on the parchment paper lined sheet tray.
- Once the glaze is ready, spoon over enough glaze to cover the fish. Be sure to reserve some glaze to bast during cooking.
- Cook the fish for 40-50 minutes, basting every 10 minutes. The salmon is done when fork tender or 145 F.