Simple Stuffed Peppers
- 6 red peppers (cored and cleaned)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups prepared rice (or cauliflower rice for paleo)
- 1 zucchini (diced)
- 1 cup spinach
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare an 8x8 baking dish by adding about a 1/2 inch of water to the bottom and set aside.
- Prepare the peppers by slicing off the tops, removing the core and seeds, and rinsing them clean. Place peppers on a paper towel to dry while you prepare the filling.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with a little bit of cooking oil, add in the zucchini and diced onion and cook until the onion is translucent. About 3-5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the pan and cook until there is no more pink.
- Add the prepared rice, tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Add in spinach and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until the spinach wilts down.
- Fill each pepper with the meat mixture and place carefully into your 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops have browned.