Sautéed Cinnamon Apples
- 3apples about 3 cups, chopped
- 2TBS water
- 1TBS coconut oil
- 1TBS maple syrup
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8tsp sea salt
- ¼tsp pure vanilla extract
- Cut apples into same-sized pieces (about ½-1” cubes).
- Put apples pieces into a skillet with 2 TBS water. Cover the pan and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples become slightly soft and water is absorbed.
- Add 1 TBS of coconut oil to the skillet. Stir apples and oil together until all the apples are coated. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so, until the apples become soft (you may need to cover them for the last 2 minutes).
- Add Maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Stir until well mixed.
- Cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring every minute until the apples reach your desired softness!
- Remove from heat and serve!