Raw Raspberry Bars
IngredientsRaspberry Ruffle Centre
- 1½ cups (150g) unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 150g coconut cream (the fat from the top of a can of full-fat coconut milk)
- 2 Tbsp liquid coconut oil
- 4-6 Tbsp maple syrup (dependant on taste) OR liquid sweetener of choice 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3½ heaped Tbsp raw raspberry powder
Raw Chocolate Coating
200g Dark Chocolate
1. In a large bowl, mix the desiccated coconut, maple syrup and the coconut cream until they are well combined.
2. Add the liquid coconut oil, vanilla and raspberry powder and mix until a sticky mixture is formed.
3. Line a tray with greaseproof paper. Shape the coconut mixture into 10 even sized bars with your hands.
4. Place in the fridge to harden whilst you melt the chocolate.
5. Melt the chocolate slowly over a bain-marie, ensuring it does not get warm.
6. Dip each Ruffle bar in the chocolate, making sure each one is covered in a thick, even layer of chocolate.
7. Gently press some freeze dried strawberries or raspberries on top of each bar, and drizzle the remaining chocolate over to decorate. Place back on the greaseproof paper.
8. Leave to harden in the fridge again before eating. They will keep for 2 weeks in an air-tight box in the fridge