Raw Desert Tiramisu Cake
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp finely ground coffee (coffee powder)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- Mousse Layer
- 1½ cup cashews, soaked overnight
- ¾ cup Medjool dates
- ⅓ cup melted the raw dark chocolate
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅔ cup almond milk, room-temperature
- 4 tbsp cacao butter, melted
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 2 tsp freshly grounded coffee
- Cream Layer
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked overnight
- ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk or cream*
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- more cacao powder
- cacao nibs
- the upper hardened part of the coconut milk in a can when you leave it in the fridge overnight
- Process all base layer ingredients in your food processor until sticky.
- With your fingers, press into an 8" springform pan and press down into an even crust, going up the edges a little all around.
- Put in the freezer.
- For the middle layer, process all the ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into the pan over the crust and put the Cake back into the freezer.
- Blend your ingredients for the cream layer but only pour them over the chocolate layer once it has hardened.
- Let sit in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight
- Before serving, dust the top with cocoa powder and sprinkle with some cacao nibs
- Note: Use an 8-inch springform pan or a smaller one when you want to make the cake "higher" in size