Raw Cacao Crepes & Cashew Crème Fraîche
For the crepes2 medium (2 cups/250g/9oz) peeled courgette (zucchini)
11⁄2 cups (220g/8oz) mango flesh
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1⁄4 cup + 2 tablespoons agave nectar
1⁄2 cup flax meal*
1⁄2 cup cacao powder
*Flax meal is flax seed that have been ground in a coffee grinder or similar,to produce a fine flour.
1. Blend all ingredients together in a high-speed blender until smooth.
2. Form 8 equal-sized crepes of about 12cm on non-stick dehydrator sheets,being sure not to spread too thinly .
3. Dehydrate at 105°F for 4–5 hours or until you are able to remove them from the dehydrator sheets.
4.Return to the dehydrator on the mesh trays for a further 2 hours.The crepes should be dry to the touch but still very soft.
1 cup cashews,soaked 2 hours or more
For the crème fraîche
1⁄2 cup water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1⁄4 teaspoon probiotic powder*
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
*If you can’t buy powder just open up probiotic or acidophilus capsules and discard the capsule part.
Instructions1. Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
2. Transfer to a small bowl,cover and leave to stand for 12 hours at room temperature.
3. Stir and place in the fridge for another 24 hours and then it’s ready to use.
For the chocolate sauce
1⁄2 cup cashews
2 tablespoons cacao powder
1⁄4 cup water
1⁄4 cup agave nectar
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice Pinch salt
Instructions1. Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
2. To assemble - Mix the berries with the crème fraîche.
3. Take one of the crepes and fold in half twice.
4. Open up one of the crepes so it forms a cone and fill with some crème fraiche and berry mixture.
5. Arrange 3 on a plate and drizzle with the chocolate sauce.
6. Sprinkle cacao nibs and crushed pistachios to garnish
Author: Russell James