Raspberry Chia Lemonade
- 1 cup purified water
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 green tea bags steeped in 1 cup water and cooled
- 1 cup raspberries boiled with ¼ cup water
- juice of 2 lemons, about ½ cup
- ¼ cup honey or other sweetener of choice, possibly more to taste
Gel Chia Seeds:
- Combine 1 cup purified water with 3 tablespoons of chia seeds.The chia seeds need several hours to gel, so do this ahead of time, the day before if possible.
- Steep green tea bags in 1 cup of hot water for 2-3 minutes. Discard tea bags and let cool.
Make Raspberry Puree:
- In a saucepan, combine raspberries with ¼ cup water and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Mash raspberries to release their juices. Strain through a fine mesh sieve and mash out as much juice as possible. Discard raspberry pulp. Combine the raspberry juice with the green tea.
Blend It All Together:
- In a small pitcher or bowl, blend together chia gel, raspberry green tea, lemon juice, and sweetener. Add more sweetener, to taste. Serve immediately or chill slightly before serving. Makes 2 servings.