Keto BBQ Pulled Pork
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoons black pepper freshly ground
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2-1 teaspoons chipotle powder to taste
- 2gr Organic mushroom powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2-1 teaspoons kosher salt to taste
- 1-3 tablespoons xylitol or erythritol, to taste
- 1 kg pork shoulder cut into large cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 orange halved
- 1-3 teaspoons arrowroot powderor 1/4-1/2 tsp konjac powder
- Gluten free bun
Mix vinegar, olive oil, paprika, oregano, garlic, black pepper, cumin, chipotle, cayenne, mushroom powder and water in a small bowl. Season with salt and sweetener to taste, set aside (this will become you 'bbq sauce'!).
Pat meat dry and cut into large cubes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
Set instant pot to Sauté and heat up olive oil, add meat (working in batches as needed) and sear meat for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until browned. Press Cancel to turn off the heat.
Add in the bbq sauce mix and squeeze the orange into the mix before adding it in (yes, you want the whole orange in the mix!). Toss to combine.
Lock lid in place, close pressure valve and press Meat. Adjust cooking time for 30 minutes and cook. Allow pressure to release naturally (roughly 20 minutes). Remove lid, remove the meat and sieve the juice into a saucepan (this will be your bbq glaze!).
TO MAKE THE BBQ GLAZE
Heat up the bbq sauce until it just begins to simmer. Shred meat with two forks in the meantime and set aside.
Make a glaze by dissolving the arrowroot or konjac powder in a couple tablespoons of water. Whisk the slurry into the sauce. Continue to simmer, whisking constantly to avoid lumps, just until desired consistency is reached (arrowroot breaks down in prolonged heat). Feel free to thin out with more water as needed, or thicken with more arrowroot (keeping in mind that your sauce will continue to thicken while cooling).
Mix the pork with the glaze and serve right away with toppings of choice (our keto buns, cole slaw... or even avocado and ice berg lettuce!).