- 2 cups (340g) dark chocolate chips (*)
- 2-3 cooked beets
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/4 cup coconut butter, (melted)
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Finally chop (using a knife or blender) the beets. Use a nut milk bag to squeeze out as much juice as possible.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded coconut with 3-4 tbsp beet juice until you have a bright red color.
- Spread out the coconut on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Toast the coconut for approximately 10 minutes at 350F stopping to stir halfway through so the outer pieces don’t burn. It should be lightly brown around the edges and dry to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips.
- Spread the chocolate into a rectangle on a lined baking sheet. Be careful not too spread it too thin.
- Place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. Don’t chill for too long or the coconut butter layer will not “stick”.
- In a bowl, stir together the melted coconut butter and the peppermint extract.
- Spread the coconut butter on top of the chilled chocolate.
- Top with the red coconut sprinkles.
- Place in the fridge or freezer until firm.
- Break apart into pieces and enjoy! Keep in the fridge.