Pecan-Crusted Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 1 cup pecan pieces (optionally chopped into finer pieces)
- ⅓ cup arrowroot starch (can sub cornstarch)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, plus additional, to taste
- 1 large egg (see Egg-Free option above)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, plus additional for serving
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 medium boneless pork chops, trimmed of fat
- Heat your air fryer to 400°F.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the pecans, starch, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon sea salt.
- In a separate shallow bowl, whisk the egg, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, water, and garlic until combined.
- Dip a pork chop in the egg mixture to coat, then transfer it to the pecan mixture and turn to evenly coat. Repeat with the remaining pork chops.
- Place three pork chops in your air fryer basket. Cook for 6 minutes, flip, then cook for 6 more minutes, or until cooked through. Repeat with the remaining pork chops.
- Serve hot with Dijon mustard, if desired.