Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
Serves: 12 pancakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 6 tablespoons almond butter
- 4 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tablespoons palm oil shortening
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teapsoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teapsoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips optional
- coconut oil for lightly greasing pan
Heat a small frying pan over very low heat, and grease it lightly with coconut oil.
Combine all of the ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) for the pancake batter in a bender or KitcheAid until completely smooth.
Stir in the chocolate chips by hand at this point- if you choose to add chocolate chips.
Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, fill it with batter, then pour the batter onto the fry pan. Using the back of the measuring cup, smooth out the batter to form a 4” pancake stack. You can also use a large, non-stick pancake griddle for cooking.
Cook the pancakes for 2 minutes on each side. The serve with dairy free icecream