Paleo Pecan Pie Bars
- 2 cups Blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp Erythritol
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Salted Caramel Pecan Filling
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup Erythritol
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Arrowroot powder
- 3/4 tsp Sea salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Maple extract
- 1/4 tsp Blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup Pecans (chopped coarsely, divided)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line an 9x9 in (23x23 cm) baking pan with parchment paper.
- To make the crust, stir the almond flour, melted coconut oil, erythritol, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl, until well combined. The dough will be slightly crumbly. Press the dough into the lined pan. Bake for 10-14 minutes, until set and golden on the edges.
- Meanwhile, make the salted caramel filling. Combine all filling ingredients (except pecans) in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, until the mixture thickens very slightly and turns caramel in color. Remove from heat. Stir in half of the chopped pecans. Set aside to cool.
- When the crust is done, pour the filling over it and spread with a spatula. Sprinkle the remaining chopped pecans on top and press down gently. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the filling is bubbly. Cool completely before cutting.