Paleo Magic Cookie Bars
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons Fair Trade coconut flour
- 1/3 cup melted Fair Trade coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Fair Trade unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped raw pecans
- 1 cup Fair Trade dairy free chocolate chips
HOMEMADE SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
- 1 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Fair Trade honey*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 8x8 (or 9x9) pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Mix well until no dry spots remain and it's evenly combined. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan, making it as even as possible. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the edges are lightly brown.
- While the crust bakes, make the sweetened condensed milk. In a saucepan, combine the coconut milk, honey, and salt. Turn to medium heat and whisk until boiling. Reduce to low and simmer until thickened. It should take between 25-45 minutes, depending how low your setting goes. You want it to be about measure 1 1/4 cup when done.
- Mix the coconut, pecans and chocolate chips in a bowl. Remove the crust from the oven and top with the toppings from the bowl. Pour sweetened condensed milk over top slowly, making sure all the toppings are covered.
- Bake 25 minutes and then let cool before cutting.